Not included in the TV-inspired revelations of my earlier post was how the pleasant (if somewhat weird) dreams I had once I got to sleep were rudely interrupted by a power company employee pounding on my door the way cops do when they’re jacked up on coffee and doughnuts and just can’t wait to drag someone, anyone, off in handcuffs…
This was followed, in rapid succession, by…
- Throwing my back out in a groggy and delirious mad dash to the door.
- Being told that I had 1 hour to pay the past due amount before my power was cut off.
- 10 minutes of screaming in anguish from a weird sort of “feedback loop” powered by the mixture of panic and pain.
- 25 minutes of begging for a loan and waiting for answers, via both phone and email.
- And, finally, another 15 minutes of negotiating my way through a very poorly implemented automated bill payment and confirmation system before I could, at long last, hold my head firmly between my hands in an effort to stop the room from spinning.
I swear, sometimes this “embodiment of humiliation and frustration” that I call a life just seems more than I can bear…
But then I remember that actually living this life has taught me one or two “coping techniques” that work pretty darned well…
And, with that in mind, here’s the awesome music video I intended for this post before my morning was so rudely interrupted!
Via MetalGuruMessiah’s Musical Paint Box on YouTube
Isn’t it amazing how that song seems to fit anyway? 😀
I want ice water.
More from the WusAMatta U volume